I am a Scottish lassie by birth and now live in France and Suffolk. My passion is writing. Before becoming an author, I was a photographic model, modelling for a wide range of products, including Ducatti motorbikes and 7Up. I was also the vampire in the Schweppes commercial with plastic teeth.
A catastrophic modelling assignment - where everything that could go wrong did go wrong - in the Scottish Highlands gave me the idea for my first book, Face to Face, which was then published by Hodder & Stoughton. I was thrilled with the reviews:
“Vain, but wildly funny leading lady.” -Scottish Daily Mail. It was also chosen as Good Housekeeping’s “Pick of the Paperbacks.” Face to Face was subsequently published in Germany and Holland.
I have since written three more books: The Double, Brake Failure and ZENKA.
It's been a fun journey.
I love to hear from my readers, so if you would like to get in touch or connect, I would be thrilled.
5 THINGS ABOUT ALISON
1. I was a mascot for a Scottish regiment (it was either a goat, or me).
2. I was arrested for busking in Leicester Square (I'm tone-deaf - that was probably the reason).
3. All the dogs I've ever owned have been from rescue kennels.
4. I've lived in Kansas City and Yemen and now live in Basque country.
5. I'm an animal rights activist.
TOP 5 FAVOURITE BOOKS
1. After the Fire a Still Small Voice. Evie Wyld
2. Love Story. Erich Segal.
3. To Kill a Mockingbird. Harper Lee
4. Atonement. Ian McEwan
5. Back Roads. Tawni O'Dell.
TOP 5 FAVOURITE MOVIES
2. The Next Three Days.
3. City Island
4. Billy Elliott
5. Silver Linings Playbook
TOP 5 FAVOURITE TRACKS
1. The Stranglers. "Golden Brown".
2. Dandy Warhols. "Bohemian Like You".
3. Kasabian. "Fire."
4. Silver Seas. "Catch Your Own Train".
5. The Waterboys. "Fisherman's Blues"
TOP 5 TRACKS - FEMALE SINGERS
1. Zero 7. "Destiny"
2. d.b.boulevard. "Point of View"
3. The Cardigans. "Favourite Game"
4. Courtney Love. "Celebrity Skin"
5. Goldfrapp. "Ooh la la"